Read the article below and answer the following questions:
1. What does Bezos mean by saying it is still Day One?
2. Identify the following Amazon features and explain
why they are considered E-commerce innovations: 1-Click Ordering,
Subscribe and Save, Lockers, AmazonPrime
3. Bezos states “In the digital world, you can’t convince people
you have the low price, you have to have the lowest price” Explain
what you think Bezos means by this statement. Do you agree with
4. The author of the article quotes a former Amazon employee as
saying that AmazonFresh is “a Trojan horse” and is part of a
solution to the “last mile problem.” What is meant by these
statements? And do you agree that AmazonFresh solves the “last mile
5. The author of the article states that “the bigger Amazon gets
the greater the number and variety of stakeholders required …”
What does this statement mean? If this statement is true, what are
the implications? Has Amazon managed its various stakeholders in
the past? What are the implications for the future?
6. Third party sellers account for 40% of Amazon’s revenues.
Does this represent a strength or weakness of Amazon’s business
7. The author of the article indicates that Target and Walgreens
have “geo-fenced” their stores. What does this mean? Do you think
this strategy may work in allowing traditional retailers to compete