From any recent or current event in the news, discuss and explain the use of these two specific theories that the firms you researched believed in
- In the human resource area, moving toward an employee empowerment culture
- In the marketing area, the theory of penetration pricing
For each of these two, explain the following:
- The issue being addressed that gave rise to employing these theories
- How the theory being followed leads to specific actions on the part of the company
- Results achieved
- If you had been the senior manager in these situations, at those companies, how might you have addressed the situation any differently? What other theory could have been the basis for the decision.
Identify the internal control weaknesses in Lancaster’s system, and recommend ways to correct them.
1. Prepare the value analysis schedule and the determination and distribution of excess schedule for the investment in Saleen.
2. Complete a consolidated worksheet for Palto Company and its subsidiary Saleen Company as of January 1, 2011.
In an attempt to expand its operations, Palto Company acquires Saleen Company on January 1, 2011. Palto pays cash in exchange for the common stock of Saleen. On the date of acquisition, Saleen has the following balance sheet:
Â· Compare and contrast the relative value of trying to fill a position by considering persons already in the organization versus looking for persons outside the organization. Then, determine which is best for the greatest number of organizations. Explain your rationale.
The only fair value differing from book value is equipment, which is worth $350,000. Marcus has $180,000 in operating losses in prior years. The previous asset values are also the tax basis of the assets, which will be the tax basis for Hanson, since the acquisition is a tax-free exchange. Hanson is confident that it will recover the entire tax loss carryforward applicable to the past losses of Marcus. The applicable tax rate is 30%.