61) It is not feasible for companies to produce error-free software because
A) any programming code is susceptible to error.
B) it is too expensive to create perfect software.
C) errors can be introduced in the maintenance stage of development.
D) any software of any complexity will have errors.
62) The most common source of business system failure is
A) software bugs.
B) software errors.
C) hardware or facilities failures.
D) data quality.
63) The “do anything anywhere” computing environment can
A) make work environments much more pleasant.
B) create economies of efficiency.
C) centralize power at corporate headquarters.
D) blur the traditional boundaries between work and family time.
64) The practice of spamming has been growing because
A) telephone solicitation is no longer legal.
B) it is good advertising practice and brings in many new customers.
C) it helps pay for the Internet.
D) it is so inexpensive and can reach so many people.
65) Which of the five moral dimensions of the information age does spamming raise?
A) quality of life
B) system quality
C) accountability and control
D) information rights and obligations
66) The Do-Not-Track Act of 2011
A) allows firms to track customers if default given is opt-in.
B) requires firms to notify customers that they are being tracked.
C) allows firms to track customers if they do not sell the information to third parties.
D) requires firms to get customer sign-off before tracking them.
67) Re-designing and automating business processes can be seen as a double-edged sword because
A) increases in efficiency may be accompanied by job losses.
B) increases in efficiency may be accompanied by poor data quality.
C) support for middle-management decision making may be offset by poor data quality.
D) reliance on technology results in the loss of hands-on knowledge.
68) A tiny software object embedded in a Web page and used by tracking programs to monitor online user behavior is called
B) a super cookie.
C) a Web beacon.
D) a cookie.
69) Which two of the following issues are privacy advocates and advertising industry most in conflict over? (Select two of the following.)
A) an opt-in policy required at all sites
B) a national Do-Not-Track list
C) an opt-out policy required at all sites
D) disclosure and transparency in the use of Flash or super cookies
70) ________ can be induced by tens of thousands of repetitions under low-impact loads.