Applying Self-Regulated Learning Overview Self-regulated learning—one’s ability to understand and control one’s learning environment—plays a strong role in how much the learner can gain from the learning experience. Determine how you can apply self-regulated learning to a topic you are working on.
Requirements Based on your course readings, other information learned in this course, and at least three outside references, write a 4–5 page reflection on ways to incorporate self-regulated learning as a motivational approach, addressing the following:
● Describe one topic that you are currently attempting to learn.
○ Explain your motivation for learning about the chosen topic. ● Describe each phase of the self-regulated learning (SRL) approach to learning. ● Describe two benefits and two challenges that may be associated with self-regulated
learning. ● Apply self-regulated learning to the topic you want to learn:
○ Outline a strategy to apply self-regulated learning to improve this learning situation.
○ Include the main activities that you would use in each phase (that is, forethought, performance, and self-reflection).
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
● Create a strategy for applying self-regulated learning to a given topic.
PLEASE FOLLOW THIS RUBRIC
Unacceptable Needs Improvement
Describe one topic that you are
currently attempting to
learn and explain your motivation
for learning about the chosen topic.
Points: 0 (0.00%) Did not describe one topic that you are currently attempting to learn and did not explain your motivation for learning about the chosen topic.