Assessment 3: Predicting the Cost of Hospital
The dataset contains the following variables:
cost (hospital cost in dollars).
age (patient age in years).
risk (count of patient risk factors).
satisfaction (patient satisfaction score percentile rank).
Hospital administration needs to make a decision on the amount of
reimbursement required to cover expected costs for next year. For this
assessment, using information on hospital discharges from last year, perform
multiple regression on the relationship between hospital costs and patient age,
risk factors, and patient satisfaction scores, and then generate a prediction to
support this health care decision. Write a 3–4-page analysis of the results in a
Word document and insert the test results into this document (copied from the
output file and pasted into a Word document). Refer to Copy From Excel to
Another Office Program for instructions.
Submit both the Word document and the Excel file that shows the results.
The numbered assessment instructions outlined below correspond to the grading
criteria in the Predicting an Outcome Using Regression Models Scoring Guide,
so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance-
level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
1. Perform the appropriate multiple regression using a dataset.
2. Interpret the statistical significance and effect size of the regression coefficients
of a data analysis.
o Interpret p-value and beta values.
2. Interpret the fit of the regression model for prediction of a data analysis.
o Interpret R-squared and goodness of fit.
2. Apply the statistical results of the multiple regression of a data analysis to
support a health care decision.
o Generate a prediction with regression equation.
2. Write a narrative summary of the results that includes practical, administration-
related implications of the multiple regression.
3. Write clearly and concisely, using correct grammar, mechanics, and APA
Your assessment should meet the following requirements:
Written communication: Write clearly, accurately, and professionally,
incorporating sources appropriately.
Length: 3–4 pages
Resources: Not required.
APA format: Cite your sources using current APA format.
Font and font size: Times Roman, 10 point.