Resources to use to answer question
Babbie, E. (2017). Basics of social research (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
Chapter 4, “Research Design”
100% Original paper Customized to your instructions!
Burkholder, G. J., Cox, K. A., & Crawford, L. M. (2016). The scholar-practitioner’s guide to research design. Baltimore, MD: Laureate Publishing.
Chapter 10, “Writing the Research Proposal”
Please read this article it is an important part of the answer
· Wilhelmy, A., Kleinmann, M., König, C. J., Melchers, K. G., & Truxillo, D. M. (2016). How and why do interviewers try to make impressions on applicants? A qualitative study. Journal of Applied Psychology, 101(3), 313-332. doi:10.1037/apl0000046
There is a link between understanding the purpose of one’s research and selecting the appropriate methods to investigate the questions that are derived from that purpose.
–(Newman, Ridenour, Newman, & DeMarco, G. M. P., Jr., 2003, p. 169)
For this Discussion, you will evaluate the purpose statements in assigned journal articles in your discipline and consider the alignment of theory, problem, and purpose. You will also explain your position on the relationship between research and social change.
Alignment means that a research study possesses clear and logical connections among all of its various components. To achieve these connections, researchers must carefully craft the components of their study such that when they are viewed together, there is a coherent interrelationship.
As you read the authors’ purpose statements, consider how well the intent of the study, and its connection to the problem and theoretical framework, is presented. Also consider if the purpose statement reveals the study’s potential for engendering positive social change.
As you know, social change is a distinguishing feature of Walden University’s mission. Positive social change implies a transformation that results in positive outcomes. This can happen at many levels (e.g., individual, family systems, neighborhoods, organizations, nationally and globally); and positive social change can occur at different rates: slow and gradual or fast and radical.
· Post a critique of the research study in which you:
· Evaluate the purpose statement using the Purpose Statement Checklist as a guide
· Analyze alignment among the theory, research problem, and purpose
· Explain your position on the relationship between research and social changeThe post Resources to use to answer question Babbie, E. (2017). Basics of social research (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning. first appeared on Homeworksmith.