11) The unreliability of a test is best explained by all of the following EXCEPT ________.
A) poor sampling of question material
B) lack of equivalence between tests
C) inconsistent testing conditions
D) failure to predict job performance
12) Which of the following terms refers to the accuracy with which a test fulfills the function for which it was designed?
13) Demonstrating the content validity of a test can be best accomplished by showing that ________.
A) tasks performed on the test are general enough to apply to any type of job
B) higher test scores are statistically equivalent to proven, long-term job success
C) conditions under which the test is administered resemble the work situation
D) scores on the test are both internally and externally reliable
14) The first step in the test validation process is ________.
A) creating a test battery
B) administering tests
C) analyzing the job
15) Which of the following is a graph that shows the relationship between test scores and job performance for a group of people?
A) performance standard
B) digital dashboard
C) competency model
D) expectancy chart
16) What is the primary disadvantage of using concurrent validation?
A) Current employees may not be representative of new applicants.
B) New applicants are recent college graduates with limited experience.
C) Limited correlation exists between high test scores and job performance.
D) Test batteries have not been administered by professional industrial psychologists.
17) ________ validation is considered the most dependable method of validating an employment test.
18) The process of cross-validating a test involves all of the following EXCEPT ________.
A) using a new sample of employees
B) administering additional tests
C) evaluating the relationship between scores and performance
D) developing and analyzing a scatter plot of scores versus performance
19) According to the American Psychological Association, all of the following are rights of test takers EXCEPT the right to expect ________.
A) informed consent regarding the use of test results
B) scores to be interpreted by qualified individuals
C) tests to be the only selection tools for a job
D) fairness of the test for all who take it
20) According to a survey conducted by the American Management Association, most employers who administer tests to applicants are measuring ________.
A) job skills
B) psychological behaviors
C) interpersonal behaviors
D) ethical opinions