1. What makes accounting a valuable discipline?
2. ConCept ? Are all economic events business transactions?
3. Sole proprietorships, partnerships, and corporations differ legally; how and why does accounting treat them alike?
4. How are expenses and dividends similar, and how are they different?
5. How do generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) differ from the laws of mathematics?
6. Why do managers in governmental and not-for-profit organizations need to under- stand financial information as much as managers in profit-seeking businesses?
7. In what ways are CVS and Southwest Airlines comparable? Not comparable?
8. BUsiness appliCation ? What are some unethical ways in which a business may do its accounting or prepare its financial statements?